Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today was a great "day 2" of the 21 day challenge I decided to give a go yesterday. I really wanted my sugar free hazelnut coffee creamer this morning but knew it wasn't worth putting those artificial sweeteners into my body today. I had great breakfast, snacks, lunch and here is my pretty dinner.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I leave straight from work and head up to the church to co-lead Zumba. A lot of times my husband and daughter use this time as special "daddy-daughter time together" and often will go out to eat. I realized when I heard about the oreo cheesecake that my daughter had at dinner tonight that I would need to go foraging since all the meat we bought still needs to be grilled.

I considered firing up the grill but decided I didn't want to fight the skeeters. I decided I'd make myself some slides with assorted different seasonings. These will be good grab and go lunches too. When they were just about done I realized I might want something with them, I could make some frozen organic veggies from the freezer but honestly that sounded like more effort than I really wanted to make, so I foraged some more and found the bag of clementines and decided since they were so tiny I would just pretty up my dinner plate by putting them around it.

I'm feeling pretty great about my day today. Thinking I might just go to bed early in hopes of feeling inspired to jump out of bed and hit the gym in the morning before work again. I don't know how I'll feel about that come morning since I haven't laid out my kiddos clothes, pre-packed her lunch, or put away all her homework in her backpack... maybe I'll get inspired before bed and risk leaving her to manage all that on her own in the am.

No comments:

Post a Comment